prim83344:How to install the stand-alone version of P6 V7
|Solution ID: prim83344|
|How to install the stand-alone version of P6 V7|
|Problem:||How to install the stand-alone version of P6 V7|
New in P6 v7.0, the standalone version now installs with Oracle XE (Oracle Express Edition). Previous versions installed SQL Server Express.
Make sure your computer is running Windows XP Professional (sp3) or Windows Vista (sp2).
You must have administrator rights to your computer
If installing on a 64-bit OS, the Oracle 11g client is also required to be installed.
Users and database aliases for stand-alone installations
When Oracle XE is installed, there will be 3 new default users for both for both Project Management and Methodology Management:
For Project Management the default users are
For Methodology Management the default users are
The names of the default database aliases are ORAPMDB and ORAMMDB.
The passwords for these users will be the password you provide during installation.
Install the Stand-alone P6 V7:
1. From download media, open the Client_Applications folder and double-click on the setup.exe file.
2. Click Next on Welcome screen.
3. Select the Industry to determine terminology and default settings for calculation. This replaces the entry for product code.
4. Select Primavera Standalone
5. Choose and Installation Location.
6. Choose a Common Files installation location
7. Choose whether or not you would like sample projects to be added to the database.
8. Choose Program Directory.
9. New for standalone with Oracle XE, users now have to enter a password to be used for all the database users. For security purposes we no longer set the default password automatically.
10. Click install to begin the installation.
11. Oracle XE, Project Management and Methodolgy Management databases will then be installed.
12. Click Finish to complete the installation.
13. Choose whether to restart your machine to fully complete the installation.
- prim80787:How to move the standalone setup from one workstation (Machine A) to a server (Machine B) that will be using Full SQL 2005
- prim37377:Expedition Project Settings will not select a Project Schedule
- prim37353:Missing objects (procedures, constraints, views, etc) when running validate schema
- prim37305:’Display’ button in Timesheets activity view is blank and no activites appear
- prim37251:Can the API support multiple threads?
- prim37221:Event Code: VTDCF-1429-B PROJECT.other_user_exclusive: SQL Server Error: Connection failure
- prim37164:Unable to restore a particular Single Project Backup in Contract Management
- prim37162:1607 Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime, Installing Project Management 5.0 SP1
- prim37137:Do Primavera Project Management databases support the full range of Unicode characters when inserting values via the API?
- prim37125:When the Oracle Session isremoved, the Compression Server session stays connected to the database.
- prim37116:How to recreate the TARGET and PV_OLAP databases